Geotechnical engineering uses principles of soil mechanics and rock mechanics to investigate:
- Subsurface conditions and materials;
- Determine the relevant physical/mechanical and chemical properties of these materials;
- Evaluate stability of natural slopes and man-made soil deposits;
- Assess risks posed by site conditions;
- Design earthworks and structure foundations; and monitor site conditions, earthwork and foundation construction.
IRL can provide the analytical services for geotechnical investigations that are critical for the Civil, Construction and Mining Industries.